EWAT-B with R-32 refrigerant
Daikin Applied is the world’s first company to introduce a new generation of air cooled scroll chillers with refrigerant R-32.
Daikin Applied is continuously leading in chiller technology and striving for innovation with the new generation of air cooled chillers with R-32 refrigerant, expanding it’s Bluevolution range to larger capacities.
Why has Daikin Applied introduced R-32 models?
The global warming potential of R-32 refrigerant is 675, which is only one third compared to commonly used refrigerant R-410. Thanks to the lower flammability classification (R-32 refrigerant falls into category class A2L in ISO817), it can be safely used in many applications including chilled water systems. As a single component refrigerant, R-32 is also easier to recycle and reuse another environmental plus in its favour.
Two different layouts
Single V Layout
- Slim layout
- Higher flexibility: new intermediate sound configuration for both Silver and Gold versions
Modular V Layout
- Brand new layout
- Better part load efficiency (SEER) vs previous generation:
- +4% with standard arrangement
- +7% with VFD fan option
Extensive option lists, including new options:
Partial heat recovery
Introduction of condensation control allowing to mantain heat recovery capacity at lower ambient temperatures with unit operating at full capacity
Unit mounted buffer tank available all across the range for plug and play solution.
VFD pumps and variable flow control
- Variable pump speed control via extenral 0-10 volt signal
- “Thermostat on” and “thermostat off” pump speed management
- Variable primary flow control
Master/Slave supplied as standard
Master/Slave functionality allowing to manage up to 4 units on the same system without the need of external control devices.
Connection to Intelligent Chiller Manager
In case of more complex installations Daikin Applied can offer the Intelligent Chiller Manager option, allowing energy optimisation of the system and, when necessary, full customisation of the control solutions to the specific installation’s needs:
- High number of units
- Peripheral controls
Fan Silent Mode
The single V units and units with VFD option are standardly equipped with Fan Silent Mode, which reduces fan velocity and therefore unit sound emission on scheduled time bands, enhancing comfort during night operation.
- Top class efficiency, SEER up to 4,7. Overcoming 2021 Eco-design requirements!
- Environmental friendly refrigerant - First in the market
- New R-32 optimized scroll compressors and heat exchangers
- The Global Warming Potential (GWP) of R-32 refrigerant is 675, which is only one third compared to commonly used refrigerant R-410
- The low GWP R-32 refrigerant falls into category class A2L in ISO817 and it can be safely used in many applications including chilled water systems
- As a single component refrigerant, R-32 is also easier to recycle and reuse another environmental plus in its favour
- Wide capacity range: 80 – 700 kW
- Microchannel condensing coil, for reduced refrigerant charge
- Silver and Gold efficiency versions
- 3 sound configurations
- Full compatibility with Daikin on Site
- New Hydronic Kit configurations (single and twin pump, inertial tank, VFD)
- Single and dual circuit version overlapping between 150 kW and 350 kW
- Single circuit units fits 2 or 3 compressors
- Dual circuit units fits 4 or 5 or 6 compressors
- Extensive option lists
- Fan speed modulation option (VFD)