Be Smart. Replace components, not systems!
If your equipment is more than 10 years old, it probably isn’t running as efficiently as it could.
AHU refurbishment offers a cost effective, streamlined solution to improve the performance of existing AHUs and aid with compliance to the latest HVAC regulations.
By refurbishing your AHU, you can increase the life expectancy of the system by a further 10-15 years.
We refurbish ALL BRANDS of HVAC equipment.
What services can we offer?
Our engineers at Daikin Applied UK can refurbish ANY BRAND of air handling unit with the following components:
The benefits of AHU refurbishment
- Improved efficiency
- Energy savings
- Reduced CO2
- Improved IAQ
- Easy maintenance
- Extended lifecycle
- Compliance to regulations
- Low upfront cost
CPD: The benefits of AHU refurbishment in healthcare facilities
There are many benefits to refurbishing your AHU, especially for healthcare and NHS facilities, where cost and downtime can be an issue, where AHUs are required to meet HTM-03-01 guidelines, and where energy and CO2 reduction targets need to be addressed.
This CIBSE approved CPD covers what an AHU refurbishment entails, detailing what parts can be refurbished and the benefits of each upgrade, including case studies and projected energy and cost savings.Find out more
Exact Specifications for all applications
All works can be carried out to meet any necessary specification for your building or usage, for example:
- Hospital ward
- Data Centres
The importance of upgrading to EC fans
Upgrading old centrifugal or AC plug fans to EC fans offers the most benefits and return on investment (ROI):
- Improved resilience and redundancy
- Easier maintenance
- Reduced space requirements
- Energy savings
- Better sustainability
How is an AHU refurbishment carried out?
- Comprehensive site survey to determine scope of works
- Schedule of works created for approval
- Itemised replacement components listed and schedule of works agreed
- Components delivered to site – flat packed or assembled ready for fitment
- Refurbishment works commence
- Unit can be re-started if refurbishment is on a staged basis
- Unit re-commissioned and full technical specification issued
- Safe disposal of redundant components stripped our of original AHU
As part of your AHU refurbishment, you could benefit from remote monitoring through Daikin on Site. A web-based 24/7/365 active remote monitoring system that collects complex operational data from the AHU control system.
Daikin’s Smart Centre turns the operational data into useful information that allows the user to remotely monitor performance. It also allows Daikin professionals to remotely optimise and maintain the equipment.